
sharkbok
Captain23,461 posts

sharkbokCaptain23,461 posts
23 Apr 2015, 21:39#2
What about the 5 Great Kicks by Jannie De Beer that knocked England out of the world Cup? I think it was in 1999 when they were just starting to built a team that would later win in 2003
DBDbDraad
Captain26,388 posts
DBDbDraadCaptain26,388 posts
23 Apr 2015, 21:51#3
Good choices Moz, I'm sure there's more or even better one's, but I can't think of any. Do recall all the ones you mentioned though.
BObobbok...
Captain10,129 posts
BObobbok...Captain10,129 posts
24 Apr 2015, 03:31#6
All worthy, & I'll add Ricky Januarie's chip, regather, dummy & score at six .
AGAgPleezDeddy
Club Pro900 posts
AGAgPleezDeddyClub Pro900 posts
24 Apr 2015, 17:36#8
Maybe no big dramatic kicks, but Percy's consistent, metronomic kicking in 2007 was massive for us winning the World Cup.
DBDbDraad
Captain26,388 posts
DBDbDraadCaptain26,388 posts
24 Apr 2015, 20:03#9
Bob, long time no see! I think chip kick, catch and score should be a different category. I recall some nice one's from Habana as well. ..against the Blacks as well.
AGAgPleezDeddy
Club Pro900 posts
AGAgPleezDeddyClub Pro900 posts
24 Apr 2015, 21:06#10
speaking of chips, Matfields against the ozzies has to get a mention! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RR-ljRCIT8

sharkbok
Captain23,461 posts

sharkbokCaptain23,461 posts
24 Apr 2015, 21:19#12
Most of the team, forwards especially retired shortly after the world cup in 2003. I remember the Ozzie media were calling them Dad's army. Jonny Wilkinson was young, but most of the team was old- especially the forwards.