CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
27 Oct 2014, 16:20#41
Ceradyne
What about Botha's 29 minutes when he did squad - doffies?
You harp on about Goosen - but what about the piss-poor Morne Steyn - who was given game time against Bucharest and still did squat in that game other than kicking at goal. He is the third choice flyhalf of Stade Francias and will not make the team when they play in Top 14.
I believe that Sexton on Saturday was the main reason for the failure of Racing Metro to record a bonus point win against Treviso - he did not make the backline function like he should have - and his kicking game lacked distance and accuracy.
The issue here is that maybe Goosen should have had more game ime - his passing game in the four minutes were accuracte and fast with much more attacking options available.
27 Oct 2014, 16:50#44
I'm the only one that has watched every Racing Metro game here, what I'm reading about him is a load of shit.
MOMozart
Captain49,914 posts
MOMozartCaptain49,914 posts
27 Oct 2014, 16:54#45
I'm sure you did Cheezer....were you hugging your Goosen doll as you watched? Talk about besotted!
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
27 Oct 2014, 19:06#49
Cerdyne
Whether Botha started or came off the bench is immaterial - he did squat in the game when he came on as is evidenced by his stats and by watching the game carefully. He is worthless on international level and should not have been in the squad at all.
The problem was not anything Goosen did. It is what Johnny S did not do well enouh. His line kiking game was sub=-par and he cobnstantly amde inside passes - open toall to read like a book.
Most teams accummulate bonus points agianst Treviso - Racing Metro missed out on that one and o my mind the problem was the way Johnny S played the game. I have seen much better of him in the past - on Saturday he was barely average.
28 Oct 2014, 11:17#50
LOL I saw Morne Steyn and I was like Oh noooo. Then Matfeild, Bakkies, Steenkamp?!?! Is Meyer for real? That''s like Carl Haymen returning for the abs I mean really. Good too see Reidenheyes in the squad. Goosen back too, interesting. A few bolters too, the AB squad had no bolters, other then SBW but he was always going to make his way in.
BEBeeno1
Captain40,032 posts
BEBeeno1Captain40,032 posts
28 Oct 2014, 13:01#51
A lot of bad calls by Meyer who is sooo slow to learn.Coenie I see returns. On what basis as his scrumming has been very poor. One has to feel for Schalk van der Merwe who has been the loosehead of the season. It is fair question to ask whether he is better than Beast. However to put Steenkamp and Nyankane ahead of Van der Merwe is ludicrous. So much so that I am convinced quotas are being enforced.
Akkers should have made it before Robbie Coetzee? Why doesnt Ackerman start with him rather than Coetzee.
It is frankly dismaying to see matfiled and Bakkies in the tour group. Willemse is the ideal lock for NH conditions. I have now to concede that Meyer has really blundered.
Then we have the quota pick oupa. Not even a regular starter for Cheetahs he gets a quota place. I would much have preferred Elstadt. Assuming Coetzee, Vermulen and Schalk are your first choice loosies then Carr, Whitely Kriel and Oupa are the back ups. Not a big loosie among them. So we have Jannie battling at tighthead, matfiled at 106 and the papest lock ever to represent SA and if a first choice loosie gets injured one of these smaller guys. In other word we could be fielding a pack as pap as the wee abs!!!Giving up our real competitive advantage. An advantage that has been undermined by 10 years or more of pap mafiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is absolutley no need for the nonsense. Willemse and Elstadt should have been in the squad if Meyer had a modicum of sense.
Then we see the return of Pienaar. Well thankfully we do have Hougaard reinvented and Reinach. Pienaar apparently is suited to NH conditions so perhaps one can find a reason there. It is worrying that Meyer might revert to Pienaar and Steyn. The backline selections are messy but not too bad. Hard luck on Van Wyk not making it. I think he has been more dangerous than Mvovo.
The three biggest blunders are the ommission of Willemse, Schalk Van der Merwe and Elstadt. Eben and Willemse should have been our lock combo. What a force. Van der merwe would be a great guy to give a go. And Elstadt was a must against tough NH packs.
Very, very disappointing from Meyer. A side riddled with quotas, old favourites and bad choices.
I just wish we could see all his bad selection on the field at once. They would have 50points put on them and perhpas Meyer woukld see the light. Can't he see that old timers are just going to be a bit worse by 2015? I dont rate Burger at 31 as too old for RWC selection. Neither of course the even younger Francois Louw (29). I mention this as ou snapster of course has no clue.
28 Oct 2014, 13:18#52
Something to add to this bozo's folly is that HouGat becomes ineffective if he's forced to return to kicking everything away.
The only thing I like about HouGat is his strong defensive play.
Still not a favourite of mine but much better than Ruan "dozy" Pienaar.
28 Oct 2014, 13:41#54
Sarcastic huh?
Why do I get the feeling you're in favour of Meyer and his absurd selections.
Not sure why you'd want us to return to Divvy. Let's rather move forward, pick a coach with a brain who in turn sees the talent we have and selects accordingly.
Move away from those who've had their day in the sun 7 years back.
It's not that difficult.
28 Oct 2014, 13:56#56
You came aboard here and were clearly shocked at the general feeling on this board toward Meyer and his absurdity. You probably think this attitude toward him is limited to this board. It's not.
Was it a wake up call?
You thought the public as a whole are ignorant. That we know nothing about the sport. That we rely on the "clever clued up folks" like yourself to educate us. Tell us how it's supposed to be.
I get the feeling you may be seeing us in a different light now.That we're not all moronic.
That we love rugby ... that we're passionate about it ... it's in our blood ... and we regard test matches against other nations as an act of WAR.
As one who's written articles for all to read, why don't you do something with this new found info... or are you only permitted to write things favouring his stupidity?
Invite Meyer to sign up here. Doesn't have to be as himself. Let him see for himself what we think and how we feel.
He may just pick up a few things that could enhance our team ... take us to where we should be. Top dog.
We have the boys.
28 Oct 2014, 14:28#59
Yes ... please do that.
You have a condescending tone about you. That is why I said that.
Many posters on this site tend to open their mouths really wide and are happy to swallow whatever's been fed them. If it's written ... it must be fact.
I am not one of them.
There are a few on this site that would stun you with their rugby knowledge. They're very well read. I'm sure you'd learn a lot if ever you found yourself around the same braai fire.
The man in the street isn't as ignorant as you think.
BEBeeno1
Captain40,032 posts
BEBeeno1Captain40,032 posts
28 Oct 2014, 14:44#61
Oh come now BB really doesn't come accross as condecending wee cc. It's your inferiority complex showing again!
BB please ignore comments like this from cc- he has eh issues! Ditto rooitwit and Saffex.
28 Oct 2014, 15:14#63
I'm not going to search through all your posts to prove my point. It's not that important to me to prove you wrong and me right.
That is how I perceived you right from the onset. The big boy from the Roar coming to lecture us.
Your big ego has taken a backward step it seems. The tone a little diluted.
Still not sure why your mixing with us commoners. It's week 2 and your still here. How come? You find us interesting? Nothing better to do with your time?
We are all opinionated. We all have our likes and dislikes.
Take Beeno as an example ... he says a lot but nothing has any real substance. All the broccoli has rotted his brain. Still his opinion has been noted ... however laughable.
He doesn't have that condescending tone though. One is tempted to fit him with a red nose and be done with it. He's good for a laugh at times.
See the difference?
BEBeeno1
Captain40,032 posts
BEBeeno1Captain40,032 posts
28 Oct 2014, 15:25#65
Wee cc your neurosis is showing up in full force! BB has not been condecending at all. Its all in your vain imagination.We are all I am sure delighted he is with us and his conduct has been better than most here for sure.
BB as you well know all boards have their lunatic fringe. I have identified the three main culprits who nevertheless offer ribald comedy and are fun is not taken seriously.
RORooinek
Captain18,117 posts
RORooinekCaptain18,117 posts
28 Oct 2014, 15:26#66
Biltongbek, are you living in Australia? If so, how long have you been there and do you intend coming back?
BEBeeno1
Captain40,032 posts
BEBeeno1Captain40,032 posts
28 Oct 2014, 15:31#67
BB as I said ignore CC he is not in any way representative of how folks here think about you.
BEBeeno1
Captain40,032 posts
BEBeeno1Captain40,032 posts
28 Oct 2014, 15:45#68
That right Cloudy you tick off ou cc who doesn't know how to behave in good company!
maybe a councelling session or two to help the oak but have the necessary support available - not ou JW who would be useless in a crises!
28 Oct 2014, 16:18#69
Oh hush up beandip!!! Your like a bothersome fly. Go look for a turd to buzz around. Mozart should be logged on soon.
Looks as if I've upset biltongbek. He seems to have gone off in a huff.
I'm just been straight with the man.
The poor dear's overly sensitive.
Told him to toughen up. He got himself in a tizz when Dave smacked him about a bit.
Wait un til someone pokes him with a stick. Probably never see him again.
Lara ... it's easy to go all gaga for you. A 39 year young hot mama with guns to die for. It's only those that putt from the rough that'll resist your charms.
28 Oct 2014, 16:45#71
Hmmmm ... looks as if the lad may just have a pair.
biltongbek, you are most welcome to be as straight as you like with me ... in fact I look forward to it.
28 Oct 2014, 17:11#76
Haaahahahahahaaa!!!
Trying to win him over, huh?
Should be interesting to see how this pans out.
Tell me Arsehole, if Dave's a pom ... what are you?
28 Oct 2014, 17:18#77
Oh believe me, Saffex isn't remotely English.
He doesn't do much more than tolerate us at best !! Trust me on that
MOMozart
Captain49,914 posts
MOMozartCaptain49,914 posts
28 Oct 2014, 17:51#78
I'm American. I have lived much longer in Chicago than in Cape Town. So I wouldn't lecture posters in South Africa about the "Saffa" way. But I still remember playing on Newlands and I love the game. Does that give me the right to comment on the rugby? I can't see why not.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
28 Oct 2014, 18:01#80
Mozart
You are being unfair about Dave. You are retired and can live anywhere ypu wamt - but choose the USA as your place of residence. Dave is a working man earning his daily bread in England - he has no real choice where to reside. You making him out to be a POM - so you are a Yankee.
I do not think that personal attacks and insults are the best way to debate issues. What is weird is that this thread is about the Springboks EOYT Squad - but you and Ceradyne chose either -
* in your case to ignore the topic undr discussion and just make a string of personal remarks; and
* in the case of Ceradunce to write some BS that the Toulon coach prefer to leave his strongest locks on the bench to play for circa 30 minites in games - while using his weaker lock combination to play for the rest of the time.
Ceradunce must think he has a real companion about to join him in the lunatic asylumn - but I do think the Toulon coach knows hat he is doing.
So until we get some real contributions about what you think of the squad - part of which is a joke in bad taste - we would think that your lack of rugby acumen is again confirmed.